Thursday, May 9, 2013

#7 Projek Integrasi: Hardware

At this point we are almost ready for Projek Integrasi build.  Some of the hardware that will be used are shown below


Details:
1) AC main switch:  R13-112 round type illuminated rocker switch, rated at 250Vac 10A (rm1.60)
2) DC switches:  XW-601 rocker switch rated at 6A 250Vac (rm1.20)
3)  LEDs:  5mm generic no-spec red LEDs
4)  Cable lugs for switch terminations
5)  Fuse holder
6)  Resistors: 10+15ohm for fan, 560 ohm for LED current limiting
7)  DC plugs (5.5mm OD 2.1mm ID and 3.5mm OD 1.4mm ID) (OD=outer diameter, ID inner diameter)

As usual, just google it to find datasheets for the parts.  I managed to find similar datasheets for the switches, I need the dimensions for the panel cutouts.  Below is a tryout of the front panel on plain paper.

panel layout..  circle above the switches are the 5mm LEDs.
Below is the final schematic.  DC fuse should read >1.3A, final value to be decided later.  Depending on the noise (if any) on the DC12V, I may have to put a DC filtering capacitor but until I can quantify it (I need a scope!)  I'll leave it for later.

Final schematic

And below is the wiring diagram, approximately.  The SMPS -12V terminal should read 0V hehehhh, typo.  Here I have forgotten to include the DC fuse.  I've also shown how the AC switch should be wired so that it gets illuminated by the neon lamp when its on.

wiring diagram
The build material for Projek Integrasi will be... cardboard!  I'll probably post pics of the build in the next entry



No comments:

Post a Comment