Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Introduction

OK let's start this.
I need a place to share stuff that I do.
My primary motivation is "to leave useful knowledge", or in BM "ilmu yang bermanafaat".
I'll mostly post DIY stuff, hacks here and there, and the evolution of my newly established "ifhozm labs" muahaha.
I will post at times important stuff, and at times silly stuff, so bear with me.

My background:
I'm a Malaysian living and working in Penang.  I'm a born tinkerer.  The earliest "teardown" I remember was when i was around 5 years old, I rather not describe it (LOL).  Many more teardowns would follow because I was fascinated by "how things are made".  Of course I got scoldings now and then.  By Standard 4 I made my first electromagnet & showed off a buzzer in school.   By Primary 5 I was already using a soldering iron. In secondary schools I started to dabble in electronics.  In upper secondary, I experimented in radio receivers, I didn't understand a lot of it, but hey, I still remember I could receive TV channels and FM broadcasts.  Funny thing is, my channel tuner was a crocodile clip!

After form 5 I had to choose:  Go study Accounting in UK.  Or, go study Engineering in US.  Guess which one I chose.

Fast forward to the future - now I finally have the resources to establish a real lab, similar to, but probably much lower cost, than that in my workplace.  So let's see what comes out of it.  I invite you to follow and evolve together.  Let's share and learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment